Activity Development Alternatives
- This is the canonical way to create activities. See API Reference.
- Squeak is a Smalltalk environment pre-installed on the XO. See Squeak-based activities.
- Any X11 program can be made into an activity. See Low-level Activity API.
 Non-Standard Alternatives
These require additional libraries to be loaded, and as such, not recommended.
- A library for creating XO activities using C++ and Qt is under development by Ark Linux. See the Qt page for details.
- It is possible to use Mono to write an xo activity, too. See Mono page for further details.
- Virtual machine environment for writing activities using Limbo. See Inferno page for more details.