B406 14 Release Notes
Suspend puts the display into dcon display mode right now; you can only tell you have suspended by the cursor being stationary on the screen, and since the camera and audio drivers are not properly powering down, the LED's there are going out and lighting up again despite the drivers having been closed before suspend. Those bugs are also using power during running that is unnecessary.
We are not declaring this a "stable" build for widespread use as bug 4) below, USB suspend/resume problems, is severe enough to make suspend/resume unusable in the field, and there is no program or UI for invoking suspend from user space. Marcelo is working on this now and will be working on this next week. There are also some wireless firmware bugs remaining as well in the area.
Known issues remaining with suspend/resume:
- camera is being powered up on resume even when it was powered down. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1733 Patch for this is in review.
- Audio driver for AD1888 - power verification. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1420
- After suspend/resume, camera shows strange colormap http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1730 (probably like an Xv bug).
- USB does not always suspend or resume correctly; Marcelo Tosatti is working on this problem.
- No way to determine "ebook mode" state. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1555 There is no UI yet for ebook mode. The low level implementation is complete.
- keyboard/touchpad not working properly as wakeup sources. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1687 Needs EC code fix
- EC blocks for long periods while processing game buttons. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1710 Needs EC code fix.
- After suspend/resuming a few times, *any* SCI does "shutdown". http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1729 Needs EC code fix.
- Audio clicking on resume. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1735
This is believed likely a Linux driver bug, as there is no clicking when suspending in OFW. It may be related to or the same as bug 2).
Additionally, we believe fixed in git master, but not in this build:
- CAFE SD controller doesn't wake up fast enough: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1339
When we move to master from our stable branch, we should pick this performance up.
Activities included in this build:
- Block Party
- Develop (alt =)