The contents of this page are considered outdated and some of the information may be stale. Please use information here with caution, or update it.
This Activity is available in both XO1 and XO 1.5. The Calculator Activity can simply use to solve simple functions and also for Plot graphs. This is a very useful activity for a child. This has many scientific functionalities such as Algebra, Trigonometry, Boolean and Miscellaneous where a grownup child could use in studies.
How did you do the testing?
- First I went through the Calculator Activity to get an idea about that activity.
- Then I went through the OLPC WIKI links to get an idea on how it works.
- I performed Smoke Testing to confirm my understanding on the activity.
- Then started to design the tests using the Decision Tree Diagrams.
- According to Decision Tree Diagrams, I wrote the test cases using the Test Case template.
- After completing the Peer and Lead Reviews, started the Testing and recorded the Test Results.
- If a defect found, I went through the history of OLPC and Sugar lab to check whether the defects has already risen or not.
- If not, I raised the defect (ticket).
What kind of problems that you had to face?
- Downloading issues.
- Previously raised defects were not fixed in newly released builds.
- No proper understanding about some functionalities functionality, due to lack of information available.
- As a solution, went through the WIKI, Google mailing list to clarify those functionalities as possible.
Defects you have found: