Candy is an automated python tutor.
April 12, 2008
- Implemented a rough UI and partial framework for fixing lines of code that cause build time exceptions.
January 29, 2008
- New screenshot.
- Course file format. Groups assignments together.
- Move to the next assignment in the sequence once current assignment is completed.
January 24, 2008
- Source is hosted.
git clone git://dev.laptop.org/activities/candy
The Candy editor will attempt to provide real time assistance as code is written.
Assignments will be presented as a set of individual steps that the user must complete. Assignment completion will be based on a flexible system of code analysis. This system is currently implemented using python's abstract syntax tree functionality.
Eventually, Candy will explore possibilities for localizing the code writing and analysis.
- HyperCard. Taught me everything I needed to know (about life).
- Hackety Hack. Excellent collaboration model and code publishing ability.
- Try Ruby.
|Short description:||An automated python tutor.|
|Available languages (codes):|
|URL from which to download the latest .xo bundle||warning.pngEmpty strings are not accepted.|
|Last tested version number:|
|The releases with which this version of the activity has been tested.|
|Ready for testing (development has progressed to the point where testers should try it out):|
|smoke tested :|
|test plan available :|
|test plan executed :|
|developer response to testing :|