Contributors program/Project proposal form
INSTRUCTIONS: Copy this entire Project Proposal Form into the text of an email, then complete all 8 fields. Be concise!
Photos welcome, but no Microsoft Word or PDF documents please. Include your project title, and any countries connected to your project, in the subject line of your email.
Email to: contributors @ unleashkids.org
1. Project Title & Shipment Detail
- Name of Project: (WEB-PUBLISHED)
- Shipping Address You've Verified:
- Number of Laptops (Maximum of 5 XO-1 Laptops) You Request to Borrow:
- Loan Length—How Many Months:
2. Team Participants
- Name(s) & Contact Info: (include all email addresses & phone numbers)
- Teams of more than 1 person are not required, but favored!
- Employer and/or School:
- Past Experience/Qualifications:
- Project Objectives: (WEB-PUBLISHED)
- Concrete proposals with defined, measurable outcomes are much more likely to result in a laptop than "it would be cool to play with these and demo them".
4. Plan of Action
- Plan and Procedure for Achieving the Stated Objectives:
- Why is this project needed?
- In the greater OLPC/Sugar community?
- Outside the community?
- Why can't this project be done in emulation using non-XO machines?
- Why are you requesting the number of machines you are asking for?
- Will you consider (1) salvaged/rebuilt or (2) damaged XO Laptops?
6. Sharing Deliverables
- Project URL—where you'll Blog specific ongoing progress:
- Please web-publish this entire completed proposal, removing any sections affecting your personal privacy. Ask if you want help -- communicating with our OLPC/Sugar global community is core!
- How will you convey tentative ideas & results back to the OLPC/Sugar community, prior to completion?
- How will the final fruits of your labor be distributed to children or community members worldwide?
- Will your work have any possible application or use outside our community?
- If yes, how will these people be reached?
- Have you investigated working with nearby XO Lending Libraries or Project Groups?
- Would your Project benefit from Support, Documentation and/or Testing people?
- Teachers' input into Usability?
- How will you promote your work?
- Can we help you with an experienced mentor from the OLPC/Sugar community? (WEB-PUBLISHED)
- If YES: specify the kind of Ongoing Mentoring that will benefit you most.
- If NO: specify who will help you share your progress, creations & results.
8. Timeline (Start to Finish)
- Please include a Proposed timeline for your Project life-cycle: (this can be in the form of Month 1, Month 2, etc rather than specific dates)
- Include a couple milestones, even if tentative.
- Specify how you prefer to communicate your ongoing progress and obstacles!
- [ ] I agree to pass on the laptop(s) to a local OLPC group or other interested contributors in case I do not have need for the laptop(s) anymore or in case my project progress stalls.