What Exists
Manuals lists complete substantial manuals for the project. There were other evolving, incomplete or somewhat obsolete manuals for the laptop:
 Getting Started
Getting Started was a project started at OLPC by Walter Bender. It has gone through multiple versions, been fractured, re-assembled, translated and distributed a number of times.
- Getting Started as a Word document 
- Getting Started in HTML 
- Getting Started as a PDF 
- Getting Started at the Sugar Labs wiki 
 FLOSS Manuals
- FLOSS Manuals started in Word, moved to Google Docs, moved to Author-it, moved to wiki.laptop.org. Writing by college students, Todd Kelsey, Emily Kaplan, Anne Gentle, Adam Hyde, with much editing work from Kelly Holcomb; time-intense translation support on the wiki.laptop.org copies by Micheal Cooper
Much of the work on the current set of manuals was done at the Austin Book Sprint Aug 24-29, 2008.
 Simplified User Guide
- Simplified user guide same starting story as the FLOSS Manuals version, but an earlier version of the content at FLOSS manuals, with intentions of synching the two by using Floss Manual's API for inclusion of Floss version on the wiki.laptop.org page
 Support FAQ
- Support FAQ and associated pages
Started by Support Gang, enhanced by Kate from Yale, see offspring:
 Assorted Offspring
 Competing FAQ's
- Uruguay FAQ, translated from ES to EN by User:Nlee & CBigenho (available in both .doc & .pdf)
- RTFM's from Support Gang (form letters / FAQ for email response)
 Sugar Almanac
- Sugar Almanac is a detailed guide to the Sugar API for activity developers.
 Make Your Own Sugar Activities!
 Activity Handbook
- Activity Handbook is documentation for activity developers by Christoph and OLPC Austria.
- "The purpose of the activity handbook is to provide you with all the information you need in order to get started with software development for the OLPC XO."
- Chapter One of Christoph's guide is Introduction to Sugar, a general introduction to the Sugar Learning Environment.
 Deployment Guide
 Localized Documents
These are documentation projects that were originated in
 Peruvian Guide
- Peruvian Guide (actual book!)
 Ceibal Manual / Guide (Uruguay)
- Uruguayan Guide (actual book!)
- "Ceibal in the society of the 21st century" (Uruguay) goes well beyond just-a-manual:
 Pashto & Dari Manual (2 official languages of Afghanistan)
- In PDF herein: OLPC Pakistan Activities