| Requirements ||
|| * Description of challenges here: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-October/020662.html See the rest of the thread too.
- A more full featured pdf reader (yes, I know there's the Read activity, but I'm planning on installing the full evince and making sure Firefox can open PDFs with it) (comment from Birmingham)
- Must not copy the PDF or other book format so that it takes up twice the NAND space.
- Must support PDF, plain text and .cbr files (any other must have formats?)
- Must open book directly from Journal
- Must "remember" the page you are on when restarting.
- Must allow opening the reader then browsing available books (can do this in web browser but needs the ability to look at the NAND to see what is available).
- ability to do page mode as well as continuous mode (move an entire page at a time)
- ability to specify columns and move through a document down the columns
- ability to specify the amount of overlap when paging in continuous mode
- ability to zoom to 'fit text on screen' as opposed to 'fit page on screen' to eliminate borders from pages.