A late-night braindump of some of the things we could/should be discussing this week... ChristophD 03:42, 7 June 2008 (EDT)
The biggest challenge for both OLPC and olpc grassroot organizations is communication.
Other than that there are 4 big themes within the olpc efforts at the moment:
- community engagement: e.g. event organization, outreach to universities, schools
- learning: e.g. content creation
- deployment: e.g. logistics
- (un-)networking: e.g. caching
Grassroot and similar organizations can actively contribute in all of these areas.
Food for thought
- community ambassador
- financial support for grassroots: e.g. travel scholarships
- global grassroots conference
- better collaboration and communication among grassroots
- a million other things... ;-)
- repair center infrastructures
- information flow should be bidirectional - how can grassroots groups better tell each other and olpc what they are doing?