Come join us this weekend in a barnraising for a new volunteer- and student-run wiki to help revolutionize the world of textbooks.
 Textbook Revolution Wiki Jam
Date: Saturday, May 17th
Time: 12:00 -- 4:00 EST
Place: TBD -- either at Bar Camp Boston or at OLPC 1 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142
Not in the area?: Join us on IRC at irc.freenode.net in #textbookrevolution
If you can't make it, but still want to help, just drop me an email :-)
Help us (re)create TextbookRevolution.org! We need your help relaunching the site, which is scheduled to go live on May 24th.
We'd love to see the following folks join us for the Jam:
- People who love knowledge enough to do data entry (we will provide coffee, both at the Jam and virtually in IRC)
- Savvy designers willing to help make our templates and pages look great!
- Wiki and IRC friends to help communicate about the project so we don't leave friendly communities out of the conversation
- A multilingual community to help localize the project so we can make this a worldwide effort!
- Masters of Ontology to help us make sure our semantic metadata is well formed!
- Systems Administrators to make sure our server continues to hum speedily along!
- Comedians and jokers to help keep things lively!
 About TBR
See more on the TextbookRevolution page on this wiki.
The relaunch of textboookrevolution.org extends beyond just the web site. We are working hard to being working with other free textbook projects and we are beginning to help spread our work onto college campuses so that we can begin working more directly with students, professors, and authors. If you can't join us in person on Saturday, we urge you to can join us on IRC in #textbookrevolution on irc.freenode.net or contact us at anytime!
 How to help
If you have your own wiki about free and educational texts, consider moving to use semantic mediawiki on your site, so that you can help us develop better ways to share new textbook information.
If you are planning to attend, please sign up here: