| NOTE: The contents of this page are not set in stone, and are subject to change!|
This page is a draft in active flux ...
Foundational Documents and Learning About Learning
- Essays by Seymour Papert - Seymour Papert is an MIT mathematician, computer scientist, and educator. He is one of the pioneers of artificial intelligence, as well as the inventor of the term Constructionism. Constructionism is a philosophy of education in which children learn by doing and making in a public, guided, collaborative process
- Essays by Marvin Minsky - Marvin Minsky is an American cognitive scientist in the field of artificial intelligence (AI), co-founder of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's AI laboratory, and author of several texts on AI and philosophy.
- Essays by Antonio Battro - Antonio Battro is both an MD/PhD who specializes in the development of basic cognitive and perceptual processes in children and adolescents. He has introduced computers and communication devices in schools in several countries in South America, as well as promoted the use of computers as digital prostheses for the disabled persons. He is considered a world leader in the new field of neuroeducation, the interaction between mind, brain, and education.
Themes in Education and Technology
Big questions, Ideas,
Philosophies of Learning & Teaching
pedagogy - leading children Education philosophy
Methods of Learning & Teaching
study of teaching.... critical pedagogy... should children learn about engineering? programming? music? social forms? calculus? all together starting in the first grade? what comes first?
Monitoring & Evaluation
Sometimes hailed, sometimes cursed, there are thousands of metrics for the success of the teaching process, the success of learning a body of material, and the success of educational systems.
- Key Literature
- OLPC Workshop on Innovation in Evaluation
- Report and results of the April 4th and 5th, 2011 workshop "Innovation in Evaluation" at OLPC Cambridge, MA
- List of potentially useful Criteria to monitor and evaluate an OLPC implementation
Education for All
Where We Work
- we want to see Google Analytic on this page