Logfs is a new flash-based file system currently under development. The main author is Jörn Engel.
There are early design documents at http://wh.fh-wedel.de/~joern/logfs.pdf.
Later additions not covered in that document include:
- Block compression,
- JFFS2-style subblock writes in the journal,
- Advanced block allocation methods to separate write-once data from write-often data.
- Block caching (useful for metadata)
- Delta storage - having an on-flash cache of recent changes without updating the wandering tree yet.
- Garbage collection algorithm - explained by the author in a video at Linux Conference Australia in 2007
The Logfs wiki is located at http://www.logfs.org/logfs/.