Magic Maze is a simple and low-tech monster-bashing maze game implemented in Ruby using SDL. It was originally inspired by playing Gauntlet II on the Atari ST.
Download it from Rubyforge download section where XO files are available.
Changes in game itself
- Make the "dead-monster-goo" green instead of red, to be more kid friendly.
- "is it blood? it's not! it is snot!"
- OLPC keymapping - gamepad keys for in-game play.
- Speed up fading in/out.
- Scaling support; Scale up graphics for the OLPC.
- Linear scaling done manually for sprites; slower but blocky and non-SGE.
- More command line options for OLPC integration;- volume, fullscreen, scaling etc.
Sugar and XO integration
- Activity wrapping in Sugar (icon, launcher, etc)
- Include Ruby/SDL and libruby1.8.so.1.8 libs directly.
|Short description:||A simple and low-tech monster-bashing maze game.|
|Available languages (codes):|
|URL from which to download the latest .xo bundle||http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/45703/MagicMaze-1_4_3_4-olpc-sugar-4.xo|
|Last tested version number:||4|
|The releases with which this version of the activity has been tested.||8.2.0 (767)|
|Development status:||4. Beta|
|Ready for testing (development has progressed to the point where testers should try it out):|
|smoke tested :|
|test plan available :|
|test plan executed :|
|developer response to testing :|
|URL from which to download the last .xo bundle that works with old releases||http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/39235/MagicMaze-1_4_3_0-olpc-sugar-2.xo|
|Activity version number:||2|
|The releases with which this version of the activity has been tested.||7.1.2 (656)|
|Development status:||3. Alpha|