The content of this section is considered
DEPRECATED and OBSOLETE
It is preserved for historical or documenting reasons.
LinuxBIOS maintainer notes
This is where we document various processes for the LinuxBIOS and ROM maintainers. If you are an user,
then you're probably looking for Building LinuxBIOS instead.
Releasing a ROM version
This is the documented process for releasing a new version of the OLPC ROM. This will ensure that the same
version string is used consistantly between the GIT tree and the actual ROM image.
- Make sure the desired ROM image is completely committed to the GIT repository.
- Edit config.mk and change the
ROM_VERSION= line to a new version string. This is how we construct official version strings:
Note that this is the same string that you should use in place of VERSION for all the following functions.
- Commit the edit to config.mk, with a brief description indicating that this a stable release of the ROM of revision VERSION.
- Make a symbolic tag that points to the above commit (which should be HEAD).
$ git tag -a VERSION
- Push the new symbolic tag to the public tree:
$ git push --tags
- Build the ROM with the new version:
- Tag the ROM with the VERSION name:
$ cp deploy/linuxbios.rom deploy/linuxbios-VERSION.rom
- Deploy the ROM image (TBD)