Summary of the second #olpc-europe irc meeting.
- 24.1.2008, 17:00 UTC, 70 minutes
- log, log_summary
- Participating: crazy-chris, h01ger, b457144n, groupsky
- Projects from people / national grassroots
- Chris has been at the Nordic Game Jam in Copenhagen. Interest in OLPC was high, but unforutnately not mange games were developed for OLPC.
- Bastiaan mentions the Making Miles for Millenium 2008 project. A couple will travel by bus through Poland, Russia, Mongolia, Nepal, India, visiting OLPC projects and helping out.
- A Dutch school is interested in starting a pilot
- Infrastructure status
- domain names status quo: olpc-europe.org and olpceurope.org point to OLPC Europe, no mail addresses are in use
- application of dev project for newsletter,etc. has stalled. Holger will send a reminder email to the devel list
- Chris has been too busy to work on the newsletter. He will post a request for newsletter content on the mailing list, because without help the 10 Feb. newletter will be rather short. The news will be collected on a wiki page since the git repo is not available yet.
- Chris, SJ and Aaron have been working on a web application where people can apply for laptops for their projects: projectdb.olpc.at.
- No t-shirts will be available at FOSDEM, unless YOU print and bring them. A logo, made by Yokoy, is available.
- The event will be more an open but structured discussion, rather than a talk. details on the event-wikipage.
- Pilot projects
- write meeting summary
- document startup of NL pilot
- send suggestions and request for ideas on how companies can donate manpower instead of money to the grassroots list
- send request for newsletter content to the grassroots list.
- send reminder for next meeting to the grassroots list
- finalize the agenda for the fosdem event a week in advance. discuss at next meeting
- link together the existing two pages about pilots
- establish _and_ document a procedure how to get a pilot started