OLPC Firmware Q2A42
This page is monitored by the OLPC team.
 OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2A42 - 2006-11-12
This is the production release for the B-test build.
MD5 2f7a1bb56ed76e5b3274bab37c239fed olpc-Q2A42.rom
 Installation Caveats
- If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient.
 Known issues
- Some USB keyboards don't work behind a hub.
- At least one USB keyboard dosen't work at all
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not pay attention to the bad block table.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Network drivers are not present
- The new recipe for poweroff (using ACPI register PM1_CNT to ask SB to turn off main_on&sus_on) is not yet implemented.
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.