OLPC Firmware Q2B12
OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2B12 - 2006-12-28
User:Wmb@firmworks.com reports that the copy-nand function doesn't work, and has uploaded a newer version.
Changes since Q2B11
- LinuxBios: Correct buggy attempt to fix errata 57
- LinuxBios: Turn off unneeded clocks in the USB controller
- LinuxBios: Change a lot of printk_err to be the priority warning or debug
- LinuxBios: Check straps to look for a BTest2 and if found then set the clock divisor up for 66Mhz.
- OFW: Net device is not first in boot order
- OFW: Mods to make device tree exportable.
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
This is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type