OLPC deployment system
| NOTE: The contents of this page are not set in stone, and are subject to change!|
This page is a draft in active flux ...
 Purpose of this page
This is a first-draft attempt to enumerate the features of an OLPC Deployment System (ODS). An ODS refers to the various technologies that work together to provide certain functionalities and affordances to students and teachers at a school.
 System components
- XO hardware
- Firmware - EC (Embedded controller)
- XO Build - also see current XO build (8.2.0) for specs/features specific to the current build
- Sugar (and its interface with Activities)
- Activities (volunteer/third-party)
- [XS Recommended Hardware|XS hardware]]
- XS Build (possibly broken down later into subcategories for certain types of software that can be installed - connectivity related, backup related, etc.)
- AC adapter
- Off-grid power solutions (third-party; this includes solar panels, treadle pumps, etc.)
- AP hardware (third-party)
 System features
This is a stub that will soon link to feature lists from the various system components, and then enumerate further how they should work together.