- Waveplace has done pilots in Nicaragua (video, reports), Florida (NPR story, video), Haiti (videos), and the Virgin Islands (videos, reports). Watch our Waveplace Awards show to see children from each pilot greet each other and the world.
- Build 623 is the new stable build (our first ship build). Please use this build (along with Firmware Q2D03). Note: neither Build 623 nor Firmware Q2D03 are suitable for B2-1 systems; for those systems, please continue to use Build 406.15. Please refer to the OLPC Ship.1 Software Release Notes.
- A brief tour of the laptop is found here.
- Curious about what software runs on the laptop? See the Activities Grid for an overview.
- Donate a laptop as part of our Give One Get One program. If you are interested in targeted group donations, e.g., you want to equip an entire school, please look into our Give Many program (i.e., Give 50-Get 100 or Give 250-Get 1000).
- We are in a testing phase as we approach mass production; your help and feedback would be appreciated (See Test issues).
- The XO Laptop won the 2007 Index Award in the community category.
- You can now add an OLPC badge to your website.
- Read about OLPC in NYC on the Teaching Matters blog.
- OLE Nepal formally launches OLPC project in Nepal at Bishwamitra and Bashuki schools. View the Flickr Photostream here
- So easy a child could do it — Birmingham City School personnel attend OLPC workshop to learn about the XO
- IHT ran an AP article on how the XO laptop and OLPC are transforming a remote Peruvian village.
- From 2007: Uruguay starts mass-production deployment of OLPC Next stop: Peru.
- OLPC hosted a mini-conference April 3 and 4 on the state of the OLPC platform.
- At long last, we have a new Update.1 Release Candidate, signed and waiting for your attention; you may want to copy over your activities or learn about installing activity packs before upgrading (see Testing Update.1 and G1G1 Activity Pack or you can use Bert's script). Release notes continue to develop at OLPC Update.1 Software Release Notes with more technical commentary being stored at OLPC SW-ECO 4.
- An XO laptop video by Tom Boonsiri and Jake Feala worth watching
- Read Marvin Minsky's first OLPC memo on learning: What makes mathematics hard to learn?
- Dan Bricklin has been working on SocialCalc for the XO Laptop.
- Hilaire Fernandes has improved the usability of DrGeoII in a new XO bundle.
- John Maloney has posted a preliminary version of Scratch, a highly engaging language that allows young students to create simple programs and games, on the Activities page. Enjoy!
- what OLPC is doing with the Microsoft Windows XP team.
- OLPC has received a response to the recent article on Windows running on the XO: Microsoft announcements
- The "Preliminary Objection" regarding the Nigerian Keyboard claim.
- OLPC's response to the recent Economist article about the project.