Power Management Software
 Open bugs
- Suspend and resume not working yet (Trac #508)
- The battery charging algorithms have problems
 Frequently Asked questions
- Why does the power button (hardware) do nothing? Will it send out keycodes or some other events in the future?
- It does send a keycode
- How do you change the backlight brightness from a program (rather than the keyboard buttons)?
- See DCON
- How is the brightness level being changed? Some embedded EC? OF? Do we get a userspace signal/event when the user changes it?
- See DCON
- DPMS seems not to work. "sleep 1 && xset dpms force off" does nothing.
- DPMS needs to be taught how to work with the DCON
- Where are per-session settings meant to be stored? GConf? How much configuration should there be allowed?
 Current Priorities:
- Stable Suspend to RAM (Stable means: pass 1000 consecutive suspend/resume cycles without a glitch)
- Battery class stuff integrated with HAL.
- Software control of backlight in HAL.
- Small session daemon created that exposes a similar DBUS interface to g-p-m.
- Sugar UI element created for telling how much charge we have left (DONE)
- Sugar UI element created for configuration?