1. Project Title & Shipment Detail
- Name of Project: Polish of Sugar on the XO 1.5
- Shipping Address You've Verified:
- Number of Laptops (or other hardware) You Request to Borrow: 1 XO 1.5
- Loan Length—How Many Months: 12 months
2. Team Participants
- Name(s) & Contact Info: (include all email addresses & phone numbers) <snip>
- Employer and/or School: Unemployed
- Past Experience/Qualifications: Sugar developer since 2006
- Project Objectives: Polish Sugar on the XO 1.5, with special regard to performance.
4. Plan of Action
- Plan and Procedure for Achieving the Stated Objectives: Plan to use Sugar regularly on the XO 1.5 and make sure the experience is optimal. Will also assist OLPC engineers and SLs volunteers in improving its demo-ability.
- Why is this project needed? Polish is important for first-time impressions
- Locally? N/A
- In the greater OLPC/Sugar community? Will improve the experience of every day users and will make it easier to create a good impression when demoing the machines with Sugar.
- Outside the community? N/A
- Why can't this project be done in emulation using non-XO machines? Some polishing is specific to the machine.
- Why are you requesting the number of machines you are asking for? No need for more than one, will test collaboration with the other machines that I have available
- Will you consider (1) salvaged/rebuilt or (2) damaged XO Laptops? But only fully functional, please
6. Sharing Deliverables
- Project URL—where you'll report specific ongoing progress: http://dev.laptop.org/ http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ http://blog.tomeuvizoso.net/
- Please web-publish this entire completed proposal, removing any sections affecting your personal privacy. Ask if you want help!
- How will you convey tentative ideas & results back to the OLPC/Sugar community, prior to completion? Will post to the mailing lists and to the bug trackers
- How will the final fruits of your labor be distributed to children or community members worldwide? It will be integrated in the releases that Sugar Labs and OLPC produce.
- Will your work have any possible application or use outside our community? Not that I can expect
- If yes, how will these people be reached? N/A
- Have you investigated working with nearby XO Lending Libraries or Project Groups? Yes
- Would your Project benefit from Support, Documentation and/or Testing people? Yes
- Teachers' input into Usability? Yes
- How will you promote your work? Will post in the channels mentioned above
- Can we help you with an experienced mentor from the OLPC/Sugar community? (WEB-PUBLISHED) No need for an specific person, will work within the community in the FOSS way
8. Timeline (Start to Finish)
- Please include a Proposed timeline for your Project life-cycle: (this can be in the form of Month 1, Month 2, etc rather than specific dates) Will be a continuous process
- Include a couple milestones, even if tentative. N/A
- Specify how you prefer to communicate your ongoing progress and obstacles! In the mailing lists
- [X] I agree to pass on the laptop(s) to a local OLPC group or other interested contributors in case I do not have need for the laptop(s) anymore or in case my project progress stalls.