- Name: Computer Outreach Program using XO
- Location: Tagaytay, Philippines
- Number of Laptops Requested:4
- help eliminate the so called digital divide among our nation's youth
- contribute to spreading IT education particularly in far flung areas of our country
- This project will reach and educate students in the remote areas, with XO activities.
- Initiate and conduct presentations and demonstrations to teachers, students and school administrators.
- Conduct activities that will students, teachers and school administrators hands-on experience with the XO and its activities.
- Explore the possibility of developing a software (Courselab)
 Project Description
- I will use laptop to teach elementary students especially those that are
located in remote areas here in the Philippines about computers . I will utilize it in demonstrations , presentation , multimedia content and also give the children hands-on activities using the system. I will also use this for software development . One is mind is getting courselab software to work with this system. I think that software will help the children a lot in their computer education.
 Project Member/s
- Allan Victorio Alano
- perl , phyton , java , assembly , c++ , php programming chip reverse
engineering PC assembly router maintenance mySQL database administrator WLAN networking
- Ian Wate
- Experience :
- Linux Systems Administration , Reverse Engineering , Security Consultant
 Project Approach to Implementation
- Intensive research and development
- Coordinating with peers , getting inputs and feedbacks
- Interviewing youth in the community
- Conducting surveys among them
- I would really like to see the day when I see that our country progress.
I think the only way that it can happen is through quality education. The state of education here in my country is not looking good . To remedy that I think children should have access to computers because I believe the internet has all the information you need the only question is how to harness that. By doing so , you will gain knowledge and knowledge is power , I believe that.
- So far I am still waiting for my unit until then I am gathering necessary data for this project
 Project Duration
- Research and Development - 3 months
- Programming - 6 months
- Implementation -4 months
I has always been my passion to program useful apps and I hope I can put this skill to good use and help the nation's youth
 Project URL/Links
- <please post your blogs/site for this project if there's any>
 Project Updates
- April < Let's have a project update every 2 weeks for this project>