- (paraphrase): "The insight behind Rainbow is that the problem of isolating an operator from his/her programs is similar to the problem of isolating users of a shared server from one another and from root." -- C. Scott Ananian
- "I see the cool parts [of Rainbow] as (1) per-instance isolation, (2) isolation without virtualization, and (3) isolation using the uid mechanisms. All three are unique and impressive." -- Ben Schwartz
- (NB: Actually, lots of other people have played with these ideas. plash is a compelling example.)
- Give people an isolated Terminal to play in.
- Show off rlimits with a fork-bomb.
- Show off filesystem protections -- rm -rf, restriction of readable dirs, etc.