The contents of this page are considered outdated and some of the information may be stale. Please use information here with caution, or update it.
How to install
The build is installed to the internal
device. You will need a USB drive or Secure Digital card of at least 1 GB capacity, but only for the duration of the installation. We recommend the drive be FAT formatted, but other formats are supported, see how to prepare a drive for use by the firmware for more details.
ALL USER DATA WILL BE ERASED FROM THE LAPTOP!
- Prepare the USB or SD drive:
- Download 21021o2.zd, see How to Download,
- Save the file to the top directory of the drive,
- Download fs2.zip,
- Save the file to the top directory of the same drive,
- Check that the drive contains at least the two files fs2.zip and 21021o2.zd.
- Prepare the laptop:
- Make a copy of any data you wish to keep,
- Check that the battery is inserted and locked,
- Check that the power cord is in place and the battery indicator is green,
- Turn off the laptop, unless it is already off,
- Insert the USB drive into any USB port on the laptop,
- Start installing:
- Hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- Turn on the laptop,
- Wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- Release the game keys.
Installation progress will be displayed. Green colour will fill
blocks. It will take about
minutes. Once finished,
the laptop will reboot automatically. You may remove the USB or SD drive during or after the reboot.
The USB or SD drive can be used on other laptops.
If installation progress is not displayed, you may be running an old firmware version which does not recognise the fs2.zip file. Please rename fs2.zip to fs.zip and try again.
If you see a message Boot failed then either:
- the USB or SD drive has not been properly prepared, or;
- the firmware is out of date and should be updated (see Firmware).