Sugar is currently under heavy development, and is meant to be used by developers. There are no binary packages yet available.
- (See also the Sugar category for a broad view on the subject)
- (See the Installing Sugar category for further links)
- Browse source
- View tickets
Emulation and/or Testing
You don't need a real OLPC laptop in order to see what it's like, how it works and test activities—you can use an emulator. OLPC periodically updates the emulation images for the QEMU emulator that is available for *ix, MS-Windows and MacOS X.
- (See the Emulation category for further links)
You can find the latest stable build here.
How to start hacking
- Marco wrote a quick tutorial on how to make your own Sugar Activity.
- Dan has some docs up on the Presence Service DBus API.
- Bert started to document the Low-level Activity API.
- There is also a page that describes Activity Bundles.
- See Sugar Architecture for more specifications/documentation.
- You can also get some information about measuring the Sugar Performance.
- Some other quick-start material may be found in the HowTo category
- Overview for Activity sharing