- "Map" activity, playing with maps : MediaMods & Erik Blankinship
- Interactive atlas : simple view of the world, with free multilingual political map data
- support version with ultra-low disk version that may take a while to regenerate a new lens
- ability to add a static map (note geocoords of a few points on it, and the projection; add to kml database?)
- where is the best data? placenames : geonames.org (from the nima gazetteer) languages? aerial maps: openaerialmap. political data: un? fao / yaron tischler. topographic data: usgs? contour srtm data?
- nb: poke WorldWind & GMaps for sources
- see the opengeodata activity via osgeo.org; the NWestern worldgis / arcview clone that comes with data.
- OurStories overlays : sharing that metadata
- Sensible Cities : wifi triangulation with access points...
- connect Allan with Ypod
- Map proposals (via G!?) : for georss, in and out; for museum without walls
- Working with OpenAerialMap and similar : use georss for this?
- describe how to do superoverlays this way
- demo viewer app from Chris DiB?
- Aggregation toolchain for the school server and global servers.
- Web Map Server : encode map corners in a URL. Get layers from multiple servers.
- bundle multiple server descriptions together to render a result
- store the multilayer map description. See http://en.giswiki.org/wiki/WMS
- Map Server uses something like this for dynamically generating views
- Modern tiling solutions are more for static views with limited dynamic overlays.
Wikipedia Geo datas
Hello, i'm user:Kolossos at Wikipedia. For geodatas please take a look at: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Georeferenzierung/Wikipedia-World/en
There is also a dump in around 200 languages ready for download.
For commons we have also a project:
- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Geocoding and
Which could be interesting. I think it it be interesting to design in games on the base of this datas and backround informations. -- 22.214.171.124 08:28, 4 March 2008 (EST)