Talk:Free Content Jam Taipei
Chinese info.: 如果使用中文對您比較方便，您依然能以中文直接留言，我們也將以中文答覆。You can also leave your questions in Chinese!
How could you obtain (maybe more than 10) XOs necessary for this Jam? php5 22:50, 23 July 2007 (EDT)
- You don't need 10 XOs - we're going to have about 5 at this Jam. They will be set up on a back table where teams can use them to test what their content looks like on the laptop, and we will have 5 judges so each child will have a laptop to judge with. Mchua 23:17, 23 July 2007 (EDT)
- 5 is good enough. Could you lend them to me after Taipei Jam? I'll return them to you after Seoul, Korea Jam, of course a few days later php5 23:20, 23 July 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry - the laptops we'll be using are the personal development machines of the people who are bringing them, and they need them to work on their OLPC projects. (I thought you had 4 laptops yourself already?) Mchua 04:02, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
- unfortunately no...anyway thanks for your kindness. cheers php5 10:17, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
- I think we should solve the Chinese fonts and input methods issue before we start to work on the content during 1-2 Aug, shall we? AndrewLee 12:53, 30 July 2007 (CST)
- Yes, please. I'll be prepping for the Jam later today (7/31), will have multiple XOs with me physically probably at the Jam location for anyone who wants to work on this; will be on #olpc-content whenever I can. Mchua 15:43, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
- Bob Chao got it! Instructions are at http://cle.linux.org.tw/trac/wiki/GcinScreenOLPC and fonts can be downloaded from http://cle.linux.org.tw/fonts/ttf/unicode/Arphic/bsmi00lp.ttf.
- I don't wish to waste time for other people who would like to have Chinese enviroment and have to do the dirty hack again and again. I'd prefer to produce the fonts and input method packages and put them into OLPC repos. -AndrewLee 17:53, 31 July 2007 (CST)
- I've re-packed the CJK fonts for OLPC with help of AndrewLee and temporally put them here: http://hep1.phys.ntu.edu.tw/~john/olpc/fonts-cjk-uming-1.olpc1-1.noarch.rpm http://hep1.phys.ntu.edu.tw/~john/olpc/fonts-cjk-ukai-1.olpc1-1.noarch.rpm Hopefully they can go to OLPC repository to avoid double work. Also, a wiki page is setup here: http://wiki.tossug.org/OLPCinChinese for the details on our try-outs and procedures that AndrewLee got SCIM to work on develop OLPC image. We would need to repack SCIM or GCIN for OLPC to avoid those dirty hacks. --Ychao 15:41, 1 August 2007 (EDT)