What is the Give One Get One Program?
 How does it work?
 What do I get?
How many G1G1 laptops have been ordered so far? How many firm country orders do you have as of today?
- As of Mid January 2008, approx 167,000 XO-1 Laptops have been ordered, half (83,500) are being staged for other countries, the other half shipped to US and Canada between Dec 15th and January 20th.
G1G1 started today. Folks who used Pay Pal online were charged $24 shipping; folks who called weren't told about shipping costs. What's really happening?
I had the same experience, I'm trying to find out about who's shipping and how do I track my purchase. I have a confirmation #, but no where to use it on the website, and the service 1-800 # doesn't work from Canada. ~LDoran
Phone Order Processing
Have any phone orders been processed yet? Were they charged shipping?
Estimated G1G1 Shipping Date
When will the G1G1 units start to ship? Will the unresolved bugs tracked by the developers that are flagged with the "Update.1" milestone be addressed in the G1G1 units? According to http://dev.laptop.org/roadmap code freeze for Update.1 occurred on 11/1/07, and changes made through Update.1 will be included in XO's made for G1G1 deployment. And this milestone currently has a date of 12/1/07. So I assume that bug fixes to the system will continue to occur until 11/30/07, and Quanta will install code that includes everything flagged Update.1 that the developers can fix. So I assume actual final assembly of XO's intended for US/Canadian G1G1 delivery will start sometime AFTER 12/1/07. Can someone who's actually involved in all this let us know what's going on?
Will G1G1 owners be able to download system and application updates online from a central OLPC website? Or will we download updates to a USB flash drive on our "big" computer, and then boot our XO from that, which seems to be the way updates are being distributed to beta testers currently? As new activities are added to XO systems, will G1G1 owners be able to download and install those activities?
Availability of Spare Batteries and Other Accessories
Will G1G1 Participants be able to buy spare batteries? Will we be able to buy any other accessories? How soon? How much will batteries cost?
Exterior XO Logo Colors
Will the colors of the XO Logo on the case exterior vary at random? Will two G1G1 laptops shipped to the same address have different colors?
Will Sim City be on the G1G1 North American XO's?
If we've ordered more than one XO through G1G1, will we be able to use one of the free T-Mobile hotspot credits for a year, then use the other one the year after that? Or does T-Mobile's gift have a cut-off date? (They're welcome to structure it any way they want; I appreciate their support. I'm just curious.)
 School to school
 What about needy children in the United States?
 The Needy Children of the U.S.A.
To all of those people that want to donate things to all of the children. Shouldn't we think of all of our children in the states?
Stop & think of who is responsible of all the teaching that the Americans are the enemy's. with all of the organizations in this country i would think that our country that a lot of AMERICANS FOUGHT FOR & SO MANY LOST THEIR LIVES FOR.THAT EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO START A DONATION &FUNDING TO SHOULD START IN THEIR COUNTRY THAT THEY LIVE IN.
STOP & THINK HOW MUCH DID OUR COUNTRY DO FOR A LOT OF OTHER COUNTRIES & WHAT DID WE GET ION RETURN.
THE BIG CORPORATIONS SEND ALL OF OUR WORK THEIR & PUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ON THE OUT OF WORK LIST.
JUST BECAUSE OF THE GREED OF BIG MONEY PEOPLE. I THINK IF ANY MONEY IS SPENT IT SHOULD BE SPENT IN OUR COUNTRY FIRST.THEN WHEN OUR CHILDREN HAVE ALL OF THE LEARNING TOOLS THEN WE CAN HELP OTHER COUNTRIES.
NOW STOP & THINK WHO HELPED US ON SEPTEMBER 11!!!!! WE NOW ARE INVOLVED IN A WAY IN A COUNTRY THAT TEACHES THAT ALL AMERICANS SHOULD BE KILLED. IS THAT THE KIND OF CHILDREN YOU WANT TO TEACH MORE TO?? STOP & THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER & HIS FATHER WOULD SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO PLEASE STOP & TEACH THOSE CHILDREN IN OUR HOME COUNTRY. ALSO THINK THAT HOW MANY CHILDREN DO WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY FROM THE COUNTRIES YOU ARE GIVING THESE THINGS TO.
WE NEED TO BUILD THE U.S.A. BACK TO THE PROUD COUNTRY IT SHOULD BE.
There is a lot more i would like to say but it all comes back to we should help our Country first.
--AN AMERICAN VET
- OLPC is interested in helping children in all countries, including the United States. We have been in discussions with many governors and are discussing possible deployments in individual school districts. That said, I have two comments regarding your note: (1) OLPC has not been diverting any funds away from the United States into other countries; and (2) it is our belief that one of the roads to peace is making sure that every child in every country has an opportunity for learning. If we can help to eliminate ignorance, perhaps we can eliminate much of the underlying cause of hatred and violence. --Walter 18:11, 7 July 2007 (EDT)
 For a school class room in USA?
My name is Steve and I would like to know if you can set up for a classroom to network from a teachers to 30 kids for testing in the 2nd grade, to help our teachers and children learn, and to help teachers find and help slower learning kids and bring them up to speed?
Please get back to me on this; Thank you, Steve
- Not sure what you are asking. We've been working in classrooms of up to 80 children. We are certainly interested in children and teachers learning and believe that the laptop will give them that opportunity. In regard to "slower learning kids", often times "slower" is really a matter of needing a different path to approach a problem; one nice thing about computers is that they offer many different venues for engagement. --Walter 10:06, 1 October 2007 (EDT)
 Laptops for children with disabilities in group homes
Hello, My name is michael Goldstein and I am a father of a young man with multiple disabilities who lives in a group home. I have purchased my son a dell computer but it is beyond his capabilities. Could you not consider the disabled children in the U.S.A. as a group akin to any nation which you have targeted for assistance? You have my email as I registered for a reminder. Looking forward to your reply Truly, Michael Goldstein
 Coming to the US ?
Is this laptop going to be sold in the U.S. like in stores or just for the people in need? If so how much would it cost and when will it come this is the coolest laptop anybody invented for years!!!! thanks for the help! email me at firstname.lastname@example.org thanks sooo much!!!! i live in Florida in the united states in Ft. Lauderdale. thanks!
- See Ask OLPC a Question about Distribution#Where or how can I get one?. —Joe 13:33, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, the laptop will be sold for a two-week period (Nov 12-26, 2007) initially; see http://xogiving.org. I presume that if this trial succeeds, a more permanent way to buy the laptop will be created. --gnu
 What is included with the laptop?
If you participate in the g1g1 program, what will we recieve other that just a loptop? i.e.- the yoyo charger?
And how will we purchase replacements for the battery?Ie- Open an online store for those who will have the xo-1 in the near future? -Willie H.- US
 computers for my school
Hello, My name is Sonia Ponce, I work in two high school´s in Matamoros Tamaulipas, Mexico, Escuela Secundaria Tecnica #46 & Escuela secundaria Tecnica #76, I teach cumputer sience but the problem is that we don´t have the resorces to get new equipment, we ask our local and state goverment for funding to purchase the much needed equipoment but we get no answer, your computer, if the cost is $100 USD looks to me to be afortable, the schools are located in a area where the people just don´t have much money they leve pay check to pay check, or how can we get choosen for a trial basis?
Yours Truly Sonia Ponce e-mail, email@example.com
 I would desperately want...
I've heard about your project on the program "Click" at BBC World. I think the idea of a 100$ computer is absolutely marvelous!
I would desperatly like to get one of these computers myself, even though I can afford usual computers. The problem is, that I'm living in Switzerland, which is still tinted grey on your world map.
I would be prepared to pay double the price (200$) to get one of these computers. That way, you could actually build two of them and donate one of them to a child that really needs it.
I think it would actually be a great idea to allow people who aren't eligible to own one of these computers, to get one for double its price - thus financing a free notebook for a child who really needs it.
It would also prevent people who are eligible to get one to put it on an auctioning site to sell them to people who don't really need them.
Thanks for a reply!
C.Beeli - Switzerland
- It's good to read about your enthusiasm, but alas, quite some people had similar ideas before as the "Ask OLPC a Question about Distribution#Availability - Can XXX in YYY get one paying ZZZ ?" section shows, and to which the short answer is no. A longer answer is that you can still participate and collaborate with time and effort to make the project a reality. And a full answer would be this whole wiki, your government, local NGOs, etc. --Xavi 07:23, 5 January 2007 (EST)
- The G1G1 program addresses this issue in the USA and Canada. We'll try to reach out to Europe soon.
 Single family homes
I have a niece who is in a one parent home struggling financially to make ends meet here in the USA, she has 3 sons, 2, 11 and 12 years old. Her oldest son is in the 6th grade, she cannot afford the monthly fees for the internet, nor the cost of a computer for her oldest sons. I think this is an unbelievable project! I checked the website out just to see if I could purchase one for my nephews but I see from the reading material I cannot.
But, I sure would like the idea of prioritizing single family homes as the first to receive them, if you eventually allow state or county non-profits to buy them for individuals or schools or maybe the USA federal government, naaa that would take too long.
Anyway, if a non profit could be set up in South Carolina, I would be willing to be a volunteer.
 Can i get one for my 2 kids???
i am a mother of two from the Philippines, my eldest son is only 4 yrs. old, he's now at the nursery level, and i notice that he is interested about computers, he even know how to operate my laptop and start his educational game and i am proud of it. that is why i am asking you a question if i can get one for my eldest son so he can pursue his interest in studying by using laptop, and soon will teach his baby brother to use it.
thank you very much,
- As explained in several places, the short answer is no.
 Not able to buy a your laptop?
If I wish to raise and educate my child will I not be able to acquire the PC? Why is there a political barrier between your PC and my child (and every other that do not go to school)?
- OLPC has no plan to ship XO laptop direct to the consumer market. But Quanta, the manufacture of the XO laptop, will perhaps sell a commercialized version of the same laptop to the normal consumer at about $200. This Quanta version laptop will perhaps also use the same open Sugar OS system, like the official XO laptop, developed by Redhat and OLPC Project. --Scott Zhu 20.20, 01.May 2007(EDT)
 Time to remove the G1G1 advertising at the bottom of each page.
The wiki, the one you are reading right now, has an advertisement for the g1g1 project at the bottom of the page (). It should go away. CharlesMerriam 04:36, 1 May 2008 (EDT)