Trac component?
- Promotes clear problem statements - instead of musing about how we should do X, or wouldn't it be great if we had Y, we have clear problems to solve that people can tackle
- Enables the community ambassador(s) to keep track of what's needed and what's being done
- Denotes clear responsibility for who's working on what grassroots/community facilitation tasks
- A good to-do list for "how can I help?" newcomers
- Elevates community work to the concreteness and visibility level of technical problems
- Emphasizes the difference between "global" and "local" solutions to problems - the only things that would go in this bug tracker would be global community issues, so people would be encouraged to think about broadening the impact of their work
- Creates a trail of documentation on how we're working through our growing community issues - valuable information to learn from, useful for us now, us in the future, and other groups in the future.
- This list is unfinished - I had other reasons somewhere in my brain, but am too tired right now to recall them. Will add more if I remember.