Talk:Share with neighborhood
URGENT Can someone with the proper authority PLEASE put a disclaimer on ALL relevant mesh wiki pages as that the mesh is a work in progress, and especially its current limits?
We are seeing reports from teachers having expectations that it will work across the board, for any activity, for any number of kids, in schools with many XOs running at the same time, and the mesh ain't working for them. It's getting old to try to dodge genuine, honest questions with sending them to the wiki when we know the wiki does not tell the whole story as it matters to teachers in the field, at this date.
Yes, I know we are working hard to fix things, but meanwhile we do need to keep high the level of trust by disclosing what the limits are.
Yamaplos 14:13, 3 June 2008 (EDT)
- Does the below work? What are the limits we should be disclaiming?
The project described on this page is a work in progress, and may not work as described.
THIS PROJECT IS IN PROTOTYPE STAGE.
Help with development and testing on this project is welcomed!
- Mchua 14:54, 3 June 2008 (EDT)
- I feel that one is a bit too harsh. I am proposing this other one. I want us to be clear to the end-users that the mesh is not what they expect it to be, while not hindering the feelings of the developers who are working hard to get things going. (yes, it might be that the end-user expectations are too high, but that in itself is part of the problem...)
Some features described on this page are a work in progress,
and might work as described only in some circumstances.
Please use the discussion page to make suggestions,
share how this works for you, and see other's comments.
- Yamaplos 22:59, 3 June 2008 (EDT)
I reworded the WorkInProgress template slightly to make it clear that sharing of experiences and suggestions should happen on the discussion page, and also provided automatic selection of a Spanish translation (i.e. this template will display Spanish text if used on a /lang-es page). Not sure if that's the best approach translation-wise, but it seemed simplest. Also, I think that the text in the work-in-progress template could be further improved.
I have tried sharing Chat, Write, and Browse running 2 XOs using the new build 767. None of these seem to work. Do the instructions need to be modified for this build or is there a "bug" in 767 that needs to be addressed before the new G1G1s start shipping? Caryl 25 Oct 2008
- Caryl, sharing has been tested many times with 767. However, there are various factors that make it fail. Please contact me to troubleshoot the failure - there's an email link on my user page: morgs 08:13, 28 October 2008 (UTC)