Network mgr SEGV
- Open terminal activity.
- Become root (or type sudo su -).
- Check that NetworkManager process is running by typing ps ax | grep NetworkManager #
- Unload wireless driver by typing rmmod usb8xxx
- Type lsmod # and check that usb8xxx is not mentioned in the results, and that means unload succeeded.
- Leave the machine untouched for about 2 minutes.
- Unloading the wireless driver does not crash the system.
- Type ps ax | grep NetworkManager and verify that the NetworkManager process is still running.