Start up Activity
- Click on the TamTam icon in the home view.
- After TamTam loads, click on the middle icon. (TamTam Edit)
- TamTam opens properly
- When the cursor is over the middle icon, the words "TamTam Edit" appear.
- TamTam jam opens properly
- Click on the Activity tab.
- Enter a name for your composition in the activity name window. (where it says TamTam Edit as default)
- Click on the Compose tab.
- Click on one of the pictures along the left and choose a new instrument by clicking on the picture.
- Click on the Draw Tool button
- Click and/or drag the cursor on each of the rows next to the instruments.
- Click the select tool
- Create a box around a group of the notes you just created.
- Click the Duplicate button.
- Click somewhere in the composition window, pasting the duplicated notes there.
- Click the play button.
- Move the cursor over the Volume/Tempo button.
- Move the Volume and Tempo sliders back and forth.
- Click the pause button.
- Click the Stop button.
- Clicking on the Activity tab brings up the activities options.
- Entering a name in the activity name window clears the composition screen. (only occurs the first time)
- Clicking on the Compose tab brings up the compose buttons.
- You are able to select different instruments for your composition.
- You can create notes of different length for the different instruments, using the draw tool.
- The color of the notes is different for each instrument.
- Each instrument can only play one note at a time.
- You are able to select, duplicate, and paste notes.
- The play button plays your composition in a loop.
- Moving the Volume and Tempo sliders, increases and decreases the volume and tempo. (right is higher/faster)
- The pause button stops the cursor wherever it was in the composition.
- The stop button stops puts the cursor back at the start of the composition.
Use Generate Feature
- Click the Generate tab
- Move the mouse over the Generation button.
- Move the dots in the Rhythm, Pitch, and Duration boxes.
- Click on the Scale menu, and choose a different scale than the default.
- Click on the Mode menu, and choose a different mode than the default.
- Click the check mark.
- Move the mouse over the Properties button.
- Change the grid division to 5.
...needs to be finished
Close the Activity
- Click the Activity tab.
- Click the X in the top right corner.
- Clicking the Activity tab brings up the activity options.
- The activity closes properly.