- I was just thinking of something similar the other day. "xoWebcam" -- Linux 'xawtv'/webcam package sugarized w/GUI. It's got frame capture capabilities built in, with total control of 'motion activated' and sequencing. Just need to find a good/lite package for putting frames into a movie format :-) ( 01:29, 16 January 2008 (EST))
- Check out MotionDetection.
- How difficult to install xawtv (footprint?)
- Note: Not difficult to install, see xawtv notes. -- 2/17/2008
- Some fonts are missing, preventing startup. . .
- How difficult to install motion (footprint/issues?)
- How difficult to install spy-cam / motion detection scripts ?
- Software to go from pictures to movie
- Solution previously completed.
- Using two py scripts
Questions to solve:
- can call from Sugar ?
- Put entries in crontab for capture ?
- Can run it without Activity active ? (if so, what happens in conflict of Record?)
 Hardware notes
$ xawtv -hwscan This is xawtv-3.95, running on Linux/i586 (2.6.22-20080211.1.olpc.9f4e619336a08dc) looking for available devices port 56-56 type : Xvideo, image scaler name : AMD Geode LX /dev/video0: OK [ -device /dev/video0 ] type : v4l2 name : cafe_ccic flags: capture