WikiEducator and the Commonwealth of Learning
We're turning the digital divide into digital dividends using free content and open networks. We hope you can help us.
AboutWikiEducator is a community project working collaboratively with the Free Culture Movement] towards a free version of the education curriculum by 2015. Driven by the learning for development agenda we focus on:
- building capacity in the use of Mediawiki and related free software technologies for mass-collaboration in the authoring of free content;
- developing free content for use in schools, polytechnics, universities, vocational education institutions and informal education settings;
- facilitating the establishment of community networks and collaboration with existing free content initiatives in education;
- fostering new technologies that will widen access, improve quality and reduce the cost associated with providing education, primarily through the use of free content.
Sir John Daniel, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Commonwealth of Learning is the patron of WikiEducator.
WikiEducator is a free community resource supported by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) for the development of free educational content.
COL is an intergovernmental organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning and distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.
Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1200
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
Tel: +1.604.775.8200 Fax: +1.604.775.8210
Interests and Expertise
- Open and distance learning
- Learning design for asynchronous learning
- Building capacity for free content development
List of projects related to OLPC, eg:
Designing activities and lesson plans for use with XO.
List of completed OLPC-related projects.