User:Martinlanghoff/Key Autonomy: OLPC PoV
Main options / variables
Activation keys, devkeys and OS/OFW/kernel images for autonomous countries
Countries that have chosen to augment our keys need that we
- Stop issuing activation keys - this requires changes to act-server
- Stop issuing devkeys - this requires changes to act-server
- Stop signing OFW/kernel/etc
Handling of mfg-data
We need to still import mfg-data for support reasons, even if we turn activation.l.o "off" for other users. Being able to query the data is invaluable.
We got to get the basics of this complete:User:Martinlanghoff/Key Autonomy: Activation Server Requirements
Helping deployments get started
- Run the key services @ OLPC, under a country-controlled DNS name.
- Run the key services @ CoLo, under a country-controlled DNS name.
- antitheft URL
- OATC can direct clients to a 'local' upgrade server
- Mgmt UI and facilities
- URL for XSs downloading delegations
- Devkey request URL
- Activities URL
- Upgrade URL (rsync -- should we?)