- typing in a name
- This mechanism is the most robust and most amenable to "use by determined humans".
- proactive local discovery
- See http://cerebro.mit.edu
- See Network principles.
- global techniques
- e.g. Facebook integration.
We think this is the right order because we think it serves our most important network scenarios the best.
Scott's thought was that peers should run a stripped down jabber server like, say, Twisted Words.
Networks break regularly and humans need to fix them. In order to do this, humans need measurement tools, a mental model, and some hints about what to look at. Consequently, a middle-level health system might start with the low-level diagnostics and self-test algorithm mentioned above and extend those diagnostics and that algorithm with additional tests based on measuring:
- is there any divergence between what the human has told me is true and what I actually perceive?