User:NeoAmsterdam/8.0.2/Boot into IceWM
 Read Me First
This assumes you've yum installed IceWM.
- xterm is very, very hard to read.
- Menus, labels, and text are oversized compared to the graphical elements of the UI.
- I still can't find an easy way to select wireless networks.
- $PATH appears not to be exported.
- Install a better terminal.
- yum install control-center and tinker with the font sizes and/or dpi settings
- When you log out of IceWM, select your wireless network through the Sugar UI, and then press ◆ ctrl + ◇ alt + erase to drop back into IceWM.
Taken from the OpenBox instructions
su cp /etc/skel/.xsession-example ~/.xsession nano ~/.xsession
...and the lines reading...
# Uncomment the following line to debug sugar startup problems #exec xterm
...should be followed by...
- Note: Use gnome-session if you prefer GNOME and provided you've yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environmwnt" --skip-broken --exclude olpc-logos (yes, that's what I had to do to get GNOME installed).
Resist the temptation to uncomment the #exit 0, otherwise you won't be able to drop into Sugar when you need it.