- Researched connected components extraction
- Continued connected components research
- Started writing a connected components function using decision trees and array based union-find. As far as I can tell, this is the current state of the art in connected component algorithms.
- Finished the connected components function and tested it. It still needs more testing, and I have to come up with a way of tracking the number of pixels in each connected component without needing another pass of the array. Then I can plug it into pygame.mask
- By some miracle, changing the function to get the largest connected component actually worked on the first try. Now its just a matter of integrating it with masks and seeing if it'll run at a usable speed on the XO.
- Integrated largest connected component function into pygame.