Please feel welcome to leave comments here. Feedback is always welcomed and appreicated.
Some of my notes left on other pages:
- My own random notes edited from XO laptop.
- Target_Audience - centralizing ideas about target audiences.
- Hardware Ideas -> Ergo Survey, Evaluation, and review
- Browse: Browser Identification String -> needs update !
- sugar-control-panel --> Activity GUI ideas ?
- Calculate --> Gallery of Examples
- Region Volunteer --> Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington State.
I don't have any examples. When I first got my G1G1 I tested the Boolean functions (see my notes on the Calculate talk page). I tried to use the calculator and was confused because I couldn't find any documentation of what it actually does (especially the window on the right). I am quite pleased to find that it does plot! There are also questions as to whether this activity can work with the Pippy activity, somehow.
The people who can best help here are, unfortunately, those who don't have laptops -- the teachers in the schools. I know my kids did a lot of work with plotting when they were in high school. Simple X-Y plotting probably happens in 5-6th grade here in the US (I'm in New England, down the street from Dartmouth College).
Right now I'm working on the Measure/Oscilloscope activity, trying to prevent people from electrocuting themselves. If I come up with anything I'll let you know. (I've posted some things on the wikipedia website about division by zero -- see the talk page there near the bottom). That seems to be a topic that gets people going. Bill Wvbailey 12:18, 31 December 2007 (EST)
- Thanks for the feedback. I just recently tried the 'Distance' Activity with another person on a jabber server I was visiting. For some reason, the measurement didn't work over very long distances. *heh Heh*. I'll look for some good examples of division by zero for ya too. :) --ixo 12:16, 1 January 2008 (EST)
reset / restore factory (build 650) image defaults
- FYI, there is a method of restoring to factory defaults. (build 650). --ixo 06:33, 6 January 2008 (EST)
- Yes. Definitely, I´m in Costa Rica currently, be back about Feb 4th. Which weekend would be best for you? --ixo (Jan 29th 2008)
- Perfect. Thanks! --ixo 11:25, 4 February 2008 (EST)
- I was about to tell you that I couldn't rename your account without db-editing privs and that you should ask SJ, but it appears that's already taken care of. :) Mchua 21:00, 4 February 2008 (EST)
On the cleanup and the new News. I'd still like to see relevant daily notes, as well -- there are so many small things going on. I'll point you to a draft if I work one up tonight. --Sj talk 18:55, 5 February 2008 (EST)
in reply to OOppsss... 'Zine .. MoS
No worries. Thanks, I just am an avid wikipedian and pour over the Help: pages on the MediaWiki page. Be glad you arn't as addicted to wiki as I am that you have time to memorize the wikisyntax.
weekly zine : OLPC Europe section
I see your Monty Python sketch
and raise you a possible draft of an article: Talk:Weekly zine/0/i18n
Adricnet 02:23, 9 February 2008 (EST)
See what you think of the link list / notes and your stuff that I commented out? This works better over IRC, heh.
Adricnet 03:03, 9 February 2008 (EST)
Whoa, go Bellingham!
The grassroots group page looks AMAZING.
there's also Regional community groups which we need to find some way to integrate with Grassroots (and I also need to figure out how to do the same with University chapters). It's not super-sustainable for all groups to list themselves in all categories... maybe make some "tags" (categories) for groups that we can put on the grassroots page and template, for easy sorting? plus some kind of map thing, "where are grassroots groups?" Mchua 04:45, 10 February 2008 (EST)
Yes, that was Kent Quirk. At least one of their sons (Lincoln) can be seen in the same clip (next to Kent in the back of the classroom, working). I usually look less sleep deprived and talk much more quickly; I'd slowed down considerably there because my high speech rate combined with my tech vocab and deaf accent usually renders me unintelligible to people, and I'd never been on camera before. So... uh... yes. Mchua 14:51, 10 February 2008 (EST)
Linux Commands (Category:Linux_Programs)
No problem :) --Chief Mike 07:42, 21 February 2008 (EST)
- I was thinking of a subcategory under Linux Programs if you're planning to add any more.
Your request is timely. Within the next week, several variations on the official XO logo will be made public for non-official use. You should find them on either the Logos or Badges pages of the wiki. - Eben
G1G1 / Peru activities?
mop and bucket
design gang proposal
- I'm not sure where your travel pics would go in the proposed scheme... where would you put them, or what new category should be added? AuntiMame 13:41, 15 September 2008 (UTC)