Put any discussion about my wiki edits below. In a form that looks something like:
== «Topic of Concern» == «random paragraph of discussion» —~~~~
~~~~ marks will insert your signature.
Congrats! :) I kept on delaying my assault there... lazy me! :(
- follow up in User talk:Xavi#OLPCities
- Totally agree on the redirects and the gumming up on the namespace. I was basically postponing it, afraid of messing up somebody's vision (especially after so much effort by User:Adamascj). But yes, the wiki needs a lot of work... again, a bit of a chicken myself to 'edit boldly' as the wiki-user-manual says...
- Some approaches I tried with more or less success / consistency were
- wiki-fication of terms (allowing for 'what links here' backtrack) and later decide what fits with what
- homogeneous structure (particularly I tried with some languages, alphabets and countries)
- the FAQ needs better organization and content (I doubt the reorganization into Ask OLPC ... about XXX by itself made a dent in the barrage of questions)
- I verified, and the Ask OLPC a Question page has gone down to about 30 edits/month (similar to september 06, after a peak of 140+ edits/month during october, november and december... (same behavior as spam I think) so the peak was probably due to external publicity... I wonder what the next wave may be like!
- Areas that need plenty of work (imho) is content and related academic stuff... I find it hard to determine either structure or usability of some content. Not to mention the multi-language issues. Needless to say that I'm all ears to give a hand! :) --Xavi 21:43, 13 February 2007 (EST)
Since you made the Image:EToys_-_new_display.jpg image, I'm hoping I can get you to take a few pictures of a test image.
The results can be used to improve OLPC screen simulations, to accurately describe the OLPC screen limits, and perhaps to improve the OLPC screen. (I'm thinking a 5x5 loadable convolution matrix in place of the hard-wired swizzle function would be very useful.)
AlbertCahalan 23:03, 19 February 2007 (EST)
Hi! We are trying to coordinate and standardize the efforts of the translating efforts within the community. Please read the new Translators page and register if interested. If you have any questions, please drop me a note. Cheers, --Xavi 18:07, 13 April 2007 (EDT)