What is the project?
- SVG format
- Exported and saved to PNG and PDF when finished
- Has a paragraph of information on moulinwiki and one on Wikibrowse proper
- Have at least one version for half-A4 printing (for SJ at WikiMania
This is a project with a short deadline, but if you would like to participate of have something to add use the following methods of communication.
- Mailing list - http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/Wikireader
- Email - Email wiki-user Seth if you have any other questions about the flyer
Steps to Completion
- Find introduction paragraph about Wikibrowse
- Download graphic design and SVG's at Resources for presentations and other media
One Laptop per Child's WikiBrowse Activity serves large amounts of compressed Wikipedia data, quickly. Constructed in Python, it uses C functions to pull out articles from a series of small compressed blocks
WikiBrose serves wikipedia content out of a compressed copy of the XML dump file after indexing it. The architecture is that there are C functions to pull out articles, and several interfaces to those C functions: the main interface is the iPhone app, but there's also a web server (written in Ruby with Mongrel) that runs locally and serves up pages from the compressed archive.