Wikimedia Commons is a database of 1,635,963 freely reusable media files to which anyone can contribute.
- Links: Commons, Wiki-Atlas
- Languages: very multilingual; dozens of languages
- Size: 1.5M images, audio files, videos, and other items
 OLPC contributions
- Contributed materials to library releases 0 and 1 at http://dev.laptop.org/pub/content/Library/.
- Formats materials are currently in : Ogg Vorbis and Theora
- Scripting (any scripting needed to convert it from current packaging) : pulling metadata from media description pages (via db queries or screenscraping)
 Curator Info
Groups: Many (see caetgories below)
Group coordinators: Peter Kaufman (video)
Curators: Commons Atlas, more.
Allottable size: 10M
Scope all educational / informational subjects
Completeness great, with some hotspots based around major free collections (science, nature)
Multilingualism excellent, names/categories/descriptions tend to be english, with many in dozens more
Quality excellent; includes adult material
Freeness all free for reuse; largely pd, cc-by, cc-by-sa.
 Comments, Tags, and Ratings
XO - smaller materials with links to higher-res materials. School library - Elementary