XS Community Edition/0.4/Services/Activity Update
You've got your .xo files, set up your activities.info file, it's all on a USB drive in a dir named xs-activity-server, and now that you've got all the ingredients, the last step is to create a manifest for the XSCE to read.
Creating the activity updater
- Insert your USB drive into your computer (I used my regular FAT32 formatted drive that I also use for flashing XOs)
- Create a directory named xs-activity-server
- Navigate into the xs-activity-server dir.
- Download some activities.
Create Activity Descriptions
Activity Descriptions are shown in http://schoolserver/activities
- Get the bundle_id for the Activity by running:
- Create file named activities.info in the xs-activity-server dir.
- Create a section for each activity in the activities.info file which contains:
- run this command:
sha1sum *.xo *.info > manifest.sha1
- Eject the USB drive and plug it into the XSCE.
update a school server
The activities you put on the USB drive in the xs-activity-server dir will be installed. they will appear at http://schoolserver/activities.
- Plug the USB drive into the XSCE.
- Remove the USB drive
I don't know how the USB drive gets ejected by novice users from the XSCE. Which could be a concern?