Congratulations SIDS: 2014 is the UN International Year for Small Island Developing States - SIDS !
- Read all about it at http://www.sids2014.org
- Remember: 2008–2017 Second United Nations Decade for the Eradication of Poverty
- Remember: 2005-2014 Second International Decade of the World's Indigenous People (2005-2014)
- Remember: The 2012 theme: "Indigenous Media, Empowering Indigenous Voices", a topic to which OLPC aligns closely.
- The priority areas, chosen by the SIDS
Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao form a group referred to as the ABC islands. Collectively, with the other Dutch islands in the Caribbean are often called the Netherlands Antilles or the Dutch Caribbean. They are four constituent countries that form the Kingdom of the Netherlands, along with the Netherlands, Curaçao and Sint Maarten. The citizens of these countries all share a single nationality: Dutch.