settle on something we can use
- Gmail, Gdocs
- MediaWiki editing
- Showing off
regression test interfaces
- Tinderbox additions
- graphical hook for this & the wiki
- testing within an activity, and with the rest of the system
- mesh view
- networking access view
supported web interfaces
- developing web apps / interfaces
- supporting google gears
- 'Desktop' metaphor : out.
- 'Journal' metaphor : in, needs to be made beautiful
- 'stop/resume' rather than 'quit/launch'
- transparent backups, public parts made available to the network
- available through http:// ...
- social networks : visualized in mesh view
- presenting a graphical overview of collections and materials
- spreadsheet environment for editing (cf dan bricklin)
- journal search, web search
- coordination with 'search'
- timeline interface
- make naming easy
testing : there is sporadic testing on children in schools, largely subjective.
- game jam-style testing : groups get together for 2-3 days, and develop something quickly, with children coming to do evaluations/tests at the end
- country trials do their own tests; we don't yet have charts of their work
- groups such as UNICEF have their own standards fo testing, not published yet.
help with tests
make dog-fooding easy.
- develop [versions of] activities that developers will use all the time.
- develop activities that do daily tasks for devs : irc, email, browsing, writing
This article is a stub. You can help the OLPC project by expanding it.