OLPC Philippines Unang Liwanag
- 1 This is page is for any qualified Philippine school to submit your proposal
- 1.1 Akin Ka-Tribu (Our Team Members in Kalibo)
- 1.2 Non-Special Education Teachers
- 1.3 Akin Ka-Tribu (Our Team Members up north of Manila)
- 1.4 MySchool's Enrollment Statistics
- 1.5 MySchool's Photo Gallery
- 1.6 MySchool's Proposal
- 1.7 MySchool's epilogue
- 1.8 Notes from me --Chief Mike 00:02, 15 March 2008 (EDT)
- 2 Notes from Project Manager Wenmi March 15, 2008
This is page is for any qualified Philippine school to submit your proposal
please add another school below the example school Kalibo II thank you.
<googlemap lat="13.12228" lon="122.102051" type="normal" zoom="7"> 14.959463, 120.900764, Malaya Linux Users Group 11.702165, 122.368813, Kalibo Elementary School II / Aklan Special Education Center </googlemap>
== MySchool's contact info ==Hello. My name is Marc Bernard Siguenza. My mother, Proserfina Siguenza, a retiree, is doing some giving-back-to-the-community work and is currently helping provide for much needed books to a school which is located in Pasil, Cebu City, Philippines. Im wondering if you could also assist in supplying that school with 20 computers to start with as they don’t have any computers for the children to practice with.The computers can be placed in the library for all the students to share. You may reach Proserfina Siguenza at 15 Elizabeth Pond, Cebu City, 6000 Philippines.email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or through telephone no. 63-032-2536282(landline). This is a long shot but it doesn’t hurt to try. Also please check Olango island, Cebu if you can include it.
Thanks and more power.
Marc Bernard Siguenza
- School full name
- Kalibo Elementary School II / Aklan Special Education Center.
- School postal Address
- Head Teacher Eng. Remia Donguines
- Kalibo Elementary School II / Aklan SpEdCenter
- XIX Martyr's Street
- Pob. Kalibo
- 5600 Aklan, Philippines
- Head Teacher Eng. Remia Donguines
- School's telephone number
Akin Ka-Tribu (Our Team Members in Kalibo)
- Congressman The lone District of Aklan
- Hon. Joben Miraflores
Local XO-1 demonstration pending while awaiting delivery of a loner machine from OLPCPH in Bulacan
20-Nov-07 personally contacted @Provincial office in Kalibo and also E-mailed him several links to teverything his wiki
Internet was not available to sit down with him while discussing benefits vs Intel/MicroSoft
Batasan Pambansa Office Tel +63.2.931.5001
Kalibo Office Tel 036.268.9796
Fax@Batasan Pambansa Complex +63.2.931.5124
E-mail Official-WebPage http://www.congress.gov.ph/members/index.php?pg=info&id=miraflores
Member: Committee on Basic Education & Culture Committee on Appropriations Committee on Public Works Committee on Oversite Committee on People's Participation Committee on Government Reorganization Committee on Transportation & Communication Committee on .... several others not listed here due to space/relevance
- Vice Governor Province of Aklan Philippines
- 96px Hon. Gabrielle (Billie) V. Calizo
Office Tel +63.36.268.5572
Office Fax +63.36.262.4557
Office of the Vice Govenor Provincial Capitol Building Kalibo 5600 Aklan, Philppines
Office Tel +63.36.268.4110 Office Fax +63.36.268.???? Email email@example.com
Home tel. (private)
E-Mail Sorry he currently requests no direct contact
- Newly promoted DepEd Kalibo-II Public Schools District Supervisor
- Jesus U. Lim would like to purchase one or more XO-1's for personal (family) use.
Office tel. +63.36.268.7494
- Group PR & On-Site Tech assist & first contact
- Mike Kouklis Resident of Kalibo, Aklan. Currently setting up our future School Server with LAMPS+MOODLE Fedora-8(not-7), Apache, MySQL, PHP5, Squid + Moodle
Office Tel. 0.36.268.6799
E-Mail Us :)
- Special Education Teacher - Visually impaired and fast Learners (Science and Math)
- Johann_C. Cawaling
- Special Education for the hearing impaired
- Mary Joy Suganob
- Intermediate Level teacher for the hearing impaired
- Irma Joy A. Vidal
- Primary Level Hearing Impaired Teacher
- Armi Joy R. Advincula
- Advisor Grade 5 SPED (Fast Learners)
- Maribel J. Sodusta
- Intermediate level Science & Librarian
- Remi V. Hormillosa
- Grade 1 SPED Teacher
- Marie Cherrie N. Yabut
- Grade 2 SPED Teacher Fast Learners
- Terisita I. Tejada
- Grade 3 SPED Teacher Fast Learners & Children with Learning Disability (MR)
- Renelyn M. Hormillosa
- Grade 4 SPED Teacher Fast Learners
- Theresa M. Rogando
- Grade 6 SPED Teacher Fast Learners & School English Coordinator
- Rosela I. Repolito
Non-Special Education Teachers
Wilma I. Macato Grade I Teacher
Recamina R. Alfaro Grade VI Teacher
Norma J.Dela Cruz Grade V Teacher
Juliet B.Filomeno Grade II Teacher
Clyde Y.Duque Grade III Teacher
Cecilia Y.Duque Grade IV teacher
Pomposa S. Matorres Grade III Teacher
Nemia M. Romulo Home Economics Teacher
Franklin F. Fernandez Elem. Agriculture/ Industrial Arts/Mathematics Teacher
Noriza Nimbalag Azatids (Muslim Teacher for Islamic Values and Arabic language)
Merriam Dumpa Azatids (Muslim Teacher for Islamic Values and Arabic language)
Danilo S. Vente Utility Worker
Akin Ka-Tribu (Our Team Members up north of Manila)
- PhilNITS Society,
- Fundamental Information Technology Engineer(FE)
- OLPCPH Project Manager
- Founder: Malaya Linux User Group
- Python programmer
- Educator in heart and spirit.
MySchool's Enrollment Statistics
- Grade Kinder
- Two teachers for a total of 78 students
- Grade 1st
- Three teachers for a total of 119 pupils
- Grade 2nd
- Two teachers for a total of 72 pupils
- Grade 3rd
- Two teachers for a total of 85 pupils
- Grade 4th
- Two teachers for a total of 89 pupils
- Grade 5th
- Two teachers for a total of 83 pupils
- Grade 6th
- Two teachers for a total of 72 pupils
- Special Education Autistic/MR
- One teacher 35 students
- Special Education Learning Disabilities
- One teacher for a total of 28 students
- Special Education Hearing Impaired
- Two teachers for a total of 31 pupils
- Special Education Visually Impaired
- One teacher for a total of 6 Students
- Madrasah Classes "Islamic Values & Arabic Language"
- Two teachers 49?
Note: this includes a total of 198 students in grades 1 thru 6 whom are enrolled in fast learners classes.
MySchool's Photo Gallery
Please no close-up photo's of children unless parental consent has been granted to publish the photograph on the Internet.
Click on any of the Images below to show an enlarged view.
We are requesting laptop organization for 100 computers to be given to Kalibo Elementary School ll, Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines. It being the only Special Education Center in the Province of Aklan which caters children with special needs such as visually impaired, hearing impaired, intellectual disabled and fast learners.
These 100 computers which will be given to our school, the Kalibo Elem. School ll will be used by our children with special needs for the start of school year on 1 Jun 2008 thru the end of March 2009.
Our school which hopes to be the recipient of these 100 computers could become a model school in our place and first of its kind in the entire Philippines. The children with special needs including those who are fast learners will soon become more likely to succeed in their future lives.
We are also ready and willing to cooperate with the Don Bosco Technical College.
Notes from me --Chief Mike 00:02, 15 March 2008 (EDT)
I don't have that much formal training in network-admin, PHP, MOODLE, and the rest of LAMPS but, I have many years experience troubleshooting everything from radar systems to hydraulic propeller systems shipwise to CNC (robotics) to photography landwise, I could cont on about spacewise but that's enough :)
PS: I've partially setup a School Server and we can store the kids files on it if/after we need to send on the Laptops to whom ever want's them after the school year is over
Notes from Project Manager Wenmi March 15, 2008
I really appreciate the school in Kalibo to be one of the pilot school. If we go Pilot, let's start at the small area. I need your skills Mike, so keep communicating.