OLPC Rochester, NY
OLPC Rochester, NY is
- open to all interested parties in the Rochester or western New York area.
OLPC XO user's group meetings at the Rochester Institute of Technology
The Lab for Technological Literacy at RIT is supporting the OLPC XO Laptop project by raising awareness locally and conducting research and development initiatives.
The Lab and RIT are hosting the user's group. All meetings will take place in The Center for Student Innovation, Building 87, Rm 1600, (See RIT Building 87 Google Map, or campus maps at http://inside.rit.edu/maps/.)
7:00 pm - 8:50 pm, on the 4th Thursday of the month.
Please join us on the following dates:
- Start_date::25 March 2010 from 7-9 pm - Discussion will include
- Walter Bender, Head of Sugar Labs, speaking at RIT on Start_date::30 April 2010 , The Future of Living is Learning
- Student Co-Ops and Progress on XO-1.5 Video Chat
- Ways we can help BOCES with Educational Technologies in Monroe County classrooms
- First suggestion is an informal hands on workshop or meeting regarding the XO and Sugar on a Stick
Notice: We are now meeting in the RIT Center for Student Innovation. If you haven't seen, this new facility, you should! It is well suited for ad-hoc collaboration.
The Innovations Center is south of B-70. (Walk down the sidewalk to the left [going south from the parking lots] of B-70 until you see a round, glass-walled, new building—that's the Innovation Center.
- 28 January 2010 - Project Reviews and Workshop
- See the Usability testing class project page for the project description, work documents, and reports.
- If you're in the Rochester area and want to work on a project with someone local, post ideas here.
- your idea...