How to install signed build 23 of release 13.2.11 on XO-1.5.
The build is installed to the internal microSD device. You will need a USB drive or Secure Digital card of at least 1 GB capacity, but only for the duration of the installation. We recommend the drive be FAT formatted, but other formats are supported, see how to prepare a drive for use by the firmware for more details.
ALL USER DATA WILL BE ERASED FROM THE LAPTOP!
- Prepare the USB or SD drive:
- Prepare the laptop:
- Make a copy of any data you wish to keep,
- Check that the battery is inserted and locked,
- Check that the power cord is in place and the battery indicator is green,
- Turn off the laptop, unless it is already off,
- Insert the USB drive into any USB port on the laptop,
- Start installing:
- Hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- Turn on the laptop,
- Wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- Release the game keys.
Installation progress will be displayed. Green colour will fill grey blocks. It will take about ten minutes. Once finished, the laptop will reboot automatically. You may remove the USB or SD drive during or after the reboot.
The USB or SD drive can be used on other laptops. If installation progress is not displayed, you may be running an old firmware version which does not recognise the fs1.zip file. Please rename fs1.zip to fs.zip and try again. If you see a message Boot failed then either:
- the USB or SD drive has not been properly prepared, or;
- the firmware is out of date and should be updated (see Firmware).