More info on the gameplay can be found on Wikipedia's entry for Reversi.
- Two player gameplay
- Text-free chip counts and player identification
- Valid moves are displayed using dots. This is to help new players.
- Multiple ways of displaying who the current player is:
- the current player's id is highlighted
- the dots which indicate valid moves are colored accordingly
- Black and white compatible graphics.
- A chip cup that is displayed on game end. When clicked on, the game is restarted.
Unimplemented features / TODO
- A bigger cursor. The current/default one is too small and does not match the larger one used in most of Sugar.
- Custom SVG icon -
- See Sugar Icon Format for info on making an icon.
- Network gameplay
- AI for single player play
- Draw-time optimizations, which should help conserve laptop power.
- Multi-color graphics (for use when the laptop is not in black and white mode)
Patch to work with OLPCGames 1.6:
Index: Reversi.activity/activity.py =================================================================== --- Reversi.activity/activity.py (revision 16) +++ Reversi.activity/activity.py (working copy) @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@ -import olpcgames +from olpcgames import activity -class ReversiActivity(olpcgames.PyGameActivity): +class ReversiActivity(activity.PygameActivity): """Reversi as a Sugar activity.""" game_name = 'Reversi'
|Activity group:||,|x|Activity group::x}}|
|Short description:||Short description::Reversi (aka. Othello) is a simple strategy board game.|
|Repository URL:||Source code::https://olpc.coderanger.net/svn/reversi/|
|Available languages:||,|x|Available languages::x}}|
|Available languages (codes):||,|x|Language code::x}}|
|Related projects:||Related projects,|x|Related projects::x}}|
|URL from which to download the latest .xo bundle||Activity bundle::https://olpc.coderanger.net/svn/reversi/|
|Last tested version number:|
|The releases with which this version of the activity has been tested.||,|x|Software release::x}}|
|Ready for testing (development has progressed to the point where testers should try it out):||,|x|Ready for testing::x}}|
|smoke tested :|
|test plan available :|
|test plan executed :|
|developer response to testing :|