This is just a start. Please add/change.
- Q - Technical support questions (for example, my keyboard broke, my computer won't start up, the red battery light keeps blinking, but the battery refuses to charge)
- A - Direct them to the Support FAQ and help @ laptop.org
- Q - I live in X place and am looking for a community to join.
- A - They should be directed to their regional deployment or group, and invited to join the email@example.com mailing list
- Q - Are you doing another G1G1.
- A - Not this year.
- Q - Do you guys give away laptops to developing countries?
- A - We make laptops available at cost, and sometimes support full deployments with matching gifts of laptops. Deployments aim to saturate a community.
- Q - Can you set up internet in a developing community without that community purchasing laptops?
- A - While OLPC is devoted to the cause of connecting all the world's children to the internet, we don't set up connectivity in communities that aren't currently using XOs.
- Q - How can I buy laptops?
- A - If there is already a deployment in your region, talk to them. To start a deployment for a country or region, write to: countries@laptop. To start a deployment for a smaller community like a school or district,
- Q - How can I purchase a laptop for my own personal use?
- A - Short answer: We don't retail individual XOs; try Ebay. Long answer: If you are working on a software, content, or educational project that could help XO deployments, you can apply for free XOs through our Contributors Program.
- Q - I sent you guys a letter / left you a message a while ago but have not received a response.
- A - We're sorry. We get a great deal of mail; it might have gotten lost. Email your comment/question to help at laptop.org.