Piotr Skulski (Petros Polonos)
Born 06.12.1963 in Szczecin, Poland
To keep this page concise, here's just a handful of links, covering my personal and professional profile.
- My picture
- My professional CV at LinkedIn (PDF)
- My Facebook profile (mostly in Polish)
- My sailing website
My partner (wife) is Natalia Szymanska (her CV to be published here soon), who is more into educational/NGO/community-oriented aspects of the activity. We plan to be active as a team, although nothing is written in stone. Two akitas are with us wherever we can take them.
1. Get trained as an independent deployment and support team, covering both technology and education aspects.
2. Get involved on the long-term basis in OLPC implementation in Asia and other areas, preferably close to the sea.
3. Develop material base (sailing vessel, technical equipment, funding) to operate as a mobile deployment, support and training unit for remote communities, that can be accessed from the sea.
Travelling support team - getting grip on it.
To develop basic XS/XO/Sugar installation for training & testing purposes, based upon our home network:
1. XS (hardware: Acer AspireOne 160)
2. XO's (I am applying for 2 of them)
3. Ubuntu Sugar Remix and SoaS (1 desktop, 1 Dell XPS, 1 Sony Vaio, 1 Asus laptop, 1 Asus Eee PC)
4. Local wifi router + internet uplink.
- Get skills necessary to install and support XS/XO/Sugar in the heterogenous environment.
- Get familiar with Sugar tools.
- Present the system and idea to local partners, both technical and educational.
Start: Mid February 2011
Completion: 3-5 months from obtaining XO's